2.13.2012

Sooo....

Been wondering where I've been?

Well for the last hour, I've been staring at this computer screen, wondering how to make up for lost time...and I've decided I'm just not going to. I'm just going to start fresh. I'm not going to post pictures from Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the little events in between. Let's just say it was great and move on, shall we? Mmmk.

I will tell you that life just simply caught up with me. Teaching first grade for the first time is very time consuming. Being the perfectionist that I am, I find myself drowning trying to keep up with it all. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking "Go ahead and get that organized, so you don't have to do it next year", you know...cause I wanna get preggers, and this big mama is not going to be up at school at all hours of the night and weekend like I have been as of late. Oh, and also in the back of my mind, the fact that I may not be teaching first grade next year, or even be at Parkview for that matter. Van Buren is reconfiguring the district and grade levels, and being the low man on the totem pole at Parkview, I may get cut. I should know an answer by Spring Break.
Hummph.

Other things taking up my time include...

1
completely addicted.

2
my guilty pleasure.

Don't even get me started on this girl...
Girl is cray cray and I think she is going to win. I'm just not feeling Ben this season. I liked him on Ashley's season, but I just get an ick feeling about him now. I will say that Courtney does have game and she knows how to get a man's attention. Ben just doesn't seem to have enough brain cells to know that if a girl can't get along with other girls, that girl has problems.

3
Family!
Moving home means being with family. Whether it's meeting for dinner, just visiting, or going to one of Drew's basketball games, life is just busier at home.

4
We did move, ya know?
Finally got our own house after living with the in-laws for 7 months (Thanks Cork and Deb!) Whenever anyone asked about our living situation, it was always with this, "Ohh...How's that going?" type of tone. And really (not just because they read the blog), it was not bad at all! Sure, not having all of your own things, having limited closet space, sharing a guest bathroom, and cooking in someone else's kitchen has its downfalls, but we are eternally grateful for them letting us invade their space! I mean we moved in like a whirlwind, huge dog and cat and all. It could not have been easy on them. And it was nice having company each night to talk to.

5
Mom and I have been working out 3 days a week, at 6am, with a personal trainer.
Why don't I look like a model then, you ask? Well...i. don't. know.
I am definitely stronger, and my clothes are fitting better, so I guess its the ole "muscle weights more than fat" excuse. I mean, it is amazing how much stronger Mom and I both are. We could whoop some booty. I definitely noticed my "hoss-ness" was out of control when we were moving. Not going to lie though. It sure would be nice to see the lbs drop off.

I think I need to up my cardio. I've got two races coming up, so that is a must.


Well I guess that is all that has been keeping me away from you, my loyal readers. Stay tuned for pictures of our new house...coming to you tomorrow. That's right - two posts in two days.

I'm baaacckkk!

3 comments:

Steeling Time said...

I have been checking frequently and am so excited you're back!! Not sure what my excuse is, but hopefully your post will motivate me to get started up again!

Carly said...

Yeeeaaahhhh! I've been checking your's too. My snow day today was a good excuse to get it kicked started again and stay in my pjs all day too! I'll be looking for that new post soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are back! I've seen the house in person, but love seeing it here with your descriptions too!

LOVE the morning workouts even though they kick my butt. You're awesome, you know?