7.21.2011

Shopping Spree!

You cannot fathom the excitement written all over my face when Dustin's sis, Nicole, asked me to help her spend all of these giftcards on an all day shopping spree for work attire at the Promenade in NWA. We didn't get to Red Lobster, Olive Garden, or even Sonic, but we spent the heck out of some giftcards at Banana and Gap, and dropped some dough at Anne Taylor and Francesca's to boot!

So the girl hoards giftcards. Is this not ridiculous? She's a school secretary and gets them often from parents and teachers. I don't know about you, but my giftcards burn a whole in my pocket. Nicole even had a paper store credit from 2008!! Wha?!?!?! We used about $500 in store credit to Banana and Gap, ya'll.
*cue the angels*

I felt like Stacy on What Not to Wear with the power I had. Nicole let me pick out things for her to try on, and she had enough in giftcards that I didn't have to shop on the sale racks! We did hit some great sales though. Everything at Banana was 25% off, all knit tops at The Loft were 50% off, and anything on sale at GAP was an extra 40% off.

The Loot:
13 tops/blouses
6 cardigans - various colors, lengths
5 pair of dress pants/capris
4 pair of shoes - 3 sandals and 1 pair of city flats from GAP
3 pair of earrings
1 necklace
1 purse

...and here's the brand new woman in her favorite ensemble of the day. Nicole could look beautiful in anything. She's got a great figure and clothes just look all the more lovely on her...and she's had two kids and doesn't work out and eats anything she wants. Lucky, b**** - I mean, girl!

I'm telling you...clothes can change a woman's life. It sounds materialistic, but they can. Confidence definitely comes from within, but a little help from great clothes really helps boost the 'ole self esteem.

Take care of yourselves, ladies!!

2 comments:

Karen Cleveland said...

how fun!! That totally sounds like Nicole to hold on to those gift cards for so long. Glad she had you with her to help her look and feel beautiful. Sounds like a fun day : )

Katie Brown said...

Hilarious! Now I know what she does with them. Well, I hope ya'll had fun spending "zero" dollars because I got about that much, but it came from another place. Gotta love those clothes. Was Banana no ridiculous with the sales? Hit it twice.

-Katie