LAST weekend we headed to Ouachita to meet up with Dustin's parents, Corky and Debbie. We just wanted to get away for the weekend and we hadn't seen them since Christmas. That may be normal for some families, but we just don't go without seeing our families for over a month or two very often. So our visit was long overdue!
Saturday morning, with no plans made, we decided we would head into Hot Springs for the day and go to the races. We stopped at Cajun Boiler (YUM-O!) for some fried shrimp first! None of us won big, although there were several people who did win real big off very small bets. There was a horse who had never raced before and came in first. I think the odds came out where if you bet $2 to win you won $352 or something. It was ridiculous! I was wishing I had bet on that horse! We had just talked to our family friends Michael and Mary Kate a few minutes earlier, and when we were leaving, she and her husband had both won! After the races, Debbie and I dragged the husbands over to TJ Maxx and Pier One for some shopping, then we headed to the Purple Cow for a quick dinner before heading home.
I had forgotten my camera at the trailer, so we didn't get any pics of our day. Just a couple of Duke! I don't think I've ever talked about or taken a picture to show how he sits on people's laps all of the time. This pic is blurry, but you get the gist. He thinks he is a lap dog.
Corky and Debbie brought Gabby, so of course Duke bugged her all weekend. This is pretty much how it went down. Gabby hid under the table and Duke waited for her to come out.
This weekend was our niece, Braelyn's, 1st birthday! She turned one on March 12th and had a princess party. We drove to Danville Saturday morning for a day of birthday fun with the fam. More pics of Braelyn's birthday to come...
And this coming Friday, we will be leaving for Destin!!! When the boys surprised Jessica and I with this trip in October, it seemed like forever away! I knew it would be here before we knew it though, and I can't wait to go! I'm looking forward to everything. I'm looking forward to watching movies and eating candy on the drive down. I'm looking forward to staying at our own house and cooking dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean! I'm looking forward to shopping. I'm looking forward to some Vitamin D!

And I'll leave you with this...our little bungalow!
Tell me friends...where are you doing on Spring Break???
No comments:
Post a Comment