So I haven't blogged in so long because I have nothing to blog about....but I also have lots of tiny ideas swirling around in my head today. In fact, as I sit here writing this blog post, I'm also writing lesson plans, texting two different people, uploading pictures, and thinking of all the things I need to get done today. So welcome to my ADHD brain. I hope you can handle it.
- School Valentine Project:
These are the pictures I'm currently editing, then uploading to Walgreens. Our Valentine Party is Monday, which really snuck up on me since we've been out of school Wednesday-Friday with Snowmageddon. I took each students picture with each sign I made and we're going to make these into tri-fold cards. It's hard to find a V-day craft to do with fourth graders. They generally are over it, but I thought this one was grade appropriate and it will be a fun keepsake. We were SUPPOSE to make them on Friday, but I guess we'll be making them during the V-day Party now...in front of the parents that they are giving them to....grrreeeaaaatttt.
- Speaking of Snowmageddon...this has been our lives the past two days. Dustin has worked from home, Duke has been completely lazy per usual, and I have been bored out of my mind I tell ya!!! Dustin is covering his face here because he hadn't showered in over 48 hours at this point, and his hair was grea-sy. Having D work from home is sNOw fun. He doesn't ever take breaks, he yells curse words when he gets off the phone with someone which completely stresses me out, and he refuses to talk to moi, who is bored and wants to talk. The satelite had gone out and I had graded all of my 200 papers I brought home, I deep cleaned the bathrooms...showers...toilets...the whole shebang, completed loads of laundry...I couldn't think of what else to do. Oh, and he had the aircard plugged in on his laptop, which is our internet USB thing we have to use to get internet since we are outside of city limits, so I could even get on my laptop. I spent most of my time on my iPhone....fun times.
The definition of lazy....barely opened his eyes for two days...
...besides to romp in the snow for about 30 minutes each day.
I put Rudy on the back patio for a minute because he was jealous of his little brother for getting to go outside and wouldn't.stop.meowing. It wasn't long before he was rubbing against the door wanting back in. Here are big brother and little brother's footprints. So sweet.

Our weather forecasters were right on target. They said we would get 4-6 inches and we did. Not near the 2 feet NWA got, but I was fine with that!

- Working Out - I've been a work-out-a-holic since after Christmas. I really have been. Its been fun and not fun. Not fun in the sense that I didn't loose ANY weight for the first month. Not.one.pound. I quit weighing myself for awhile, deciding I was happy enough that the back of my legs were looking much better and that I was gaining endurance on the treadmill. Then I weighed myself last week and I had lost 4 pounds since Christmas! Yay for me! It's a small victory, but I'll take it! I haven't been eating the best I could be, so I think I could've lost more. Dinner gets me. I am good at breakfast (Activia and protein bar...about 200 calories), good at lunch (salad or turkey sandwich, usually with applesauce and a stick of Sargento cheese...about 450 calories), but when I eat dinner WITH DUSTIN, I do horrible! Lately, I've told him that I'm just not going to cook dinner near as much as I usually do. I just cook myself a grilled cheese, or eat another salad, and leave him to fend for himself. He's been a pretty good sport about it.
- On a side note...I've been reading this new blog that I won't mention the name of. I really liked it because it had a lot to do with fashion and working out, which motivated me to be a better me, but then I read something she wrote that pissed me off. She works at a nice retail store and was talking about her pet-peeves at work, and she said she didn't like it "when a 140 pound girl wanted to try on a small". WHOA! I wanted to cry and punch her in the face at the same time. Who are you to make me feel bad about my weight? Who are you to say that I can't wear a small? It happens...occassionally, not saying that I think I AM small, I usually do go for the Medium or Large, but seriously?!?! That got the ghetto girl in me to come out a little bit, and I felt horrible about myself for the rest of the night. D noticed it and when he asked me what was wrong, I completely had a break down. Shame on her for making me feel that way, and shame on me for letting her. Ugh!
- Mom's Birthday / Oaklawn Weekend - Mom's official birthday was January 30. Last year, we planned for my mom, Johnny, Luke, and Tiff to come down to our neck of the woods for the weekend and go to the races. Well, last year it snowed on that weekend and cancelled our plans. We couldn't reschedule with all of the wedding showers, bachelorette parties, etc. I had around that time last year. So this year, we planned it for THIS weekend. And...Snowmageddon happened. I've been so scared that it would cancel our plans again, but then we decided that the worse case scenario would be that they just come down Saturday morning and we'll meet them at the races....BUT I just got a text from mom saying they were going to head down tonight! Super YAY!!!! That just made my day. I'm so excited!!!
- Last but not least, we are headed to Crystal Beach in Destin for our Spring Break trip in T-minus 6 weeks! I am one happy girl. I've been trying to get my body beach ready, in hopes that maybe I could wear a bikini again this year, but I don't know. I love my friend Jessica that I'm going with, but I don't want to wear a bikini next to her skinny ass. She is beautiful and although she never makes me feel bad about myself, I make myself feel bad about myself when I'm around her. Envy. It's a baadddd thing. A sin in fact! I just can't shake it sometimes. Anywho...we have never been to Destin and neither have Matt and Jessica, so if anyone has good shopping/restaurant suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Hope y'alls heads aren't spinning. I feel better for getting all of that out of my system. I'm going to venture into the world of the outdoors today and actually run some errands in Little Rock. Wish me luck. Have a great weekend, folks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment