1.28.2011

Sicky-Icky

Today is day 2 off work for me. Wednesday I had a sinus headache, but didn't think much of it, but when I went to the gym that night and sweated my arse off, I came home with an immediate fever and aches all over. By Thursday morning, my temperature was 102.9 accompanied by a congested head, ears, and swollen throat. No fun.

The doctor couldn't get me in until today at 10:30, and I can't wait to get some antibiotics and start feeling like part of the living again. I have done nothing but sleep, whine, sweat, shiver, and mope for the past 36 hours. I'm not very good at being sick.

I woke up last night at midnight soaking wet with sweat. My shirt, underwear, hair, the sheets...like I had taken a bath. But I hadn't and I felt so gross that I took a quick shower, let the sheets dry out (eww...I know, but Dustin was asleep, it wasn't like I could start washing them) and then went back to bed.

Then Duke got up at about 3:30am and went to my bedside table and started licking, I stuck my hand over there to stop him, not consciously thinking about why he would be licking since I was half asleep, and I ended up sticking my hand right into Rudy the cat's vomit.
Nice...
Not to mention my drawer was half open, so he puked in my underwear/bra drawer as well.

So that's how my night went. Hope you got some better sleep than I.
I'm off to do a load of laundry....you got it...sheets, underwear, and bras.

No comments: