Since Baby Brasuell decided not to make her arrival this weekend, Dustin and I stayed home to get ahead on a few things since we know we'll be out of town next weekend for sure (we hope, Nicole really hopes). Dustin fertilized the yard, and I ran a bajillion errands on Saturday. I wanted to show you my buy of the weekend. I found these while shopping for a birthday present for somebody else, go figure. I only bought one, then went back and got the other. They were only $20! I thought that was a pretty good deal! They add the pop of color I needed and look great!
My errands included the biggest Wal-Mart shopping trip EVER. Our fridge and pantry were pretty much depleted (especially since we gave away every can good and boxed dinner we owned to our teenage neighbors who came and ransacked our home for a food drive). Plus, I have been wanting to branch out and try a few new recipes, so there were things we didn't have that I had to purchase. Speaking of, I hate not knowing where things are in the grocery store. In fact, it has scared me away from trying new recipes for quite some time. I decided to be brave this Saturday and go for it. Two hours and $200 later....success!
I made...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and a Cheesy Haalloween Dip
It was good football eatin! You just buy regular breadsticks (I used Pillsbury original breadsticks), roll them in the middle leaving the ends larger and round, and cut a slit about 1 inch down the middle of each end to make the bone shape. To season, melt 1/4 cup of butter and brush on the breadsticks, adding sprinkled parmesan and poppy seeds.
To make the dip you need:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 lb. Mexican Style Velvetta
10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
4 oz. can diced green chilies, undrained
In a frying pan, brown ground beef until completely cooked. Drain and set aside. Cut cheese into 1 inch cubes and melt on low heat. Add tomatoes and green chilies and mix well. Combine cooked ground beef with cheese mixture and serve warm.
Orange Chicken
The breadsticks and dip were delicious. The orange chicken was pretty good. Dustin loved it. I thought it was good, but I don't know if it's something I will crave to cook again. I also made cheesy chicken enchiladas one night, but didn't take a picture. It was a recipe I found in the coupon section attached to the Campbell's ad. Again, Dustin loved them, but I guess I'm just a sucker for my 3 regularly rotated favorites: spaghetti, chicken spaghetti, and cheesy chicken noodles. Can we say pasta lover? : ) I'm trying to branch out. I have a couple more recipes I hope to try soon. I'll let you know if they were worth eating.
Hope you had a great fall weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment