I will give YOU a shout out if you can name that movie. Exciting, huh?
Anywho...I had Open House last night, and once again, my turn out was rockin'. I had SO many students, parents, aunts, even 3rd cousins come! I don't even know who my 3rd cousins are.
As many of you know, I LOVED my kiddos last year (95% of them anyway), but I had a very low group of kiddos (about 80% below proficient in math, literacy, or both). I had several of my students from last year come down to visit me, and I have to admit that I got teary eyed seeing them....even that other 5%. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I suppose.
I have another crew of boys this year (last year, 19 out of 27 were boys), and apparently these boys are quite the crew. They all play football, basketball, and baseball together every year AND they all live in the same neighborhood. The parents could not get over the fact that someone put them all in my room. They kept laughing, but it was this nervous laugh and they all kept making eye contact at each other and I felt like I was the only one in the room who didn't know what the secret message was. They said they would pray for me in fact. They were pretty fun, relaxed parents who all know each other well, so I don't know if they were just being goofy or if I really am going to have some problems with this crew of boys. They are all very bright and don't seem to have the ADHD factor that took over my room last year, I just think they're a little on the mischievous side when they get together. But, I have been know to misjudge before! We shall see.
Here are some pictures of my room this year. A lot of it is the same as last year, just spruced up a bit. Most of you have probably already seen these on FB, sorry.
Cross your fingers that I sleep good tonight. I always have some crazy dream like I forgot to write my lesson plans or wear a shirt to school.
2 comments:
i just came across your blog and i love it! your classroom is super cute too! some lucky kids to have you as a teacher!
hugs!
billy madison, wahoo! i'm totally gonna be a guest reader.
Post a Comment