3.15.2012

Catch-Up Post from Long Ago...


I can't believe I didn't blog about this?! I mean, I know I was in a major {Rachel Zoe voice} bloggy funk, but seriously?

Ya'll know of my love for Chick-Fil-A? Yes?

Well during our first grade persuasive letter writing unit, our class decided we should write Chick-Fil-A and try to persuade them to build a restaurant in Van Buren. The kiddos told them all of the things they LOVE about their restaurant, and I pitched in my opinions to, because lets face it, I love all things Chick-Fil-A. We told them about everything we love from the ketchup dipping packets to the crispy waffle fries to the "my pleasure" response you get with anything you request! And we gave them many reasons for why a Chick-Fil-A in VB was a win-win idea.

Anywho, one day I get a call in my room from our school secretary, telling me Chick-Fil-A has called. WHAT?! I knew Chick-Fil-A was pretty darn good about community involvement and whatnot, but I really didn't expect a phone call. I was hoping for a returned letter at best. Turns out, they wanted to throw us an ice cream party! And they did! We let it be a complete surprise to the kiddos. They were shocked and so completely excited that their letter had not only been received, but their ideas were heard. And they were excited about the ice cream. Duh!


They were pretty excited about their little cows and cow hats, too. This was around Christmas time, hence the cow elf hats. :)

But that wasn't the end of our Chick-Fil-A Story. The managers from the Fort Smith Chick-Fil-A, who were sooo nice, sent our letter on to Chick-Fil-A headquarters in Atlanta. We were excited that our letter would be making another trip. A couple of weeks later, we received a box from Atlanta.
It was full of pencils, little cow animals, Chick-Fil-A stationary, and coupons for free nuggets and shakes! It also had a letter in response to the one we wrote, saying they would be building a Chick-Fil-A in VB in the near future! Woohoo! We can't wait!!

As a teacher, I am very proud of Chick-Fil-A, and thankful that they would take the time to write a group of first graders back, letting them know that their voices were heard and can make a difference. So eat more chikin, peeps!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Car Car, wanted to let you know that I sent in your post to our Chick-fil-A team here at the agency to encourage them in how they execute the brand with excellence. Thanks for sharing, eat more Chikin!