5.21.2011

A man after my heart

I had an awful day yesterday. It was just one of those days where anything that could go wrong, did. I woke up late, my schedule was off at school, and things didn't go as planned (which irritates my perfectionist personality). On top of that, we also had our school carnival after school, and I wasn't happy with my booth (there goes the perfectionist personality again).

I decided to run up the street to Sonic, to get a junior burger with ketchup only and a large cherry Sprite, before the carnival, knowing I was going to be working my booth most of the night and not have moment to eat. I was going to call Dustin on the way, until I realized I didn't have my phone (left it setting on the hamper since I was in a rush from being late that morning). You know when you just are having a bad day and you can't wait to tell your mama or husband about it? Ugh! So frustrating when you can't!

I got back to school, finished setting up my booth, and was so happy to finally sit down and satisfy my growling tummy. The burger I found with chili smothered over it really ticked me off, and the receipt showing my debit card was charged for the chili burger (who eats that?!?!), large fry, and Route 44 sent me over the edge.

I go downstairs to borrow my buddy's phone to call Dustin and ask him what time he'll be at the carnival...and he says he doesn't want to come. (SCREAM!) That was the one thing that was going to make this 13 hour work day better....seeing my husband and venting about my awful day. Of coarse, he didn't know I had an awful day, but I'm sure he inferred that with the speech I gave him when he said he wasn't coming. :)

Anyways, I was pretty ticked at him for backing out. There was a tornado warning during the carnival and my parent volunteers got spooked and left....leaving me to work my booth even longer...on my own. Let me tell ya, Ping Pong Ball Toss requires a lot of fetching balls and bending over, and trying to be encouraging and cheerful for the kids was torturous due to my foul mood. Needless to say, I got the heck outta dodge as soon as the carnival was ending and headed home...

...to this.

Dustin had gone grocery shopping for me and while he was there, picked me up a 72 pack of Air Heads (my fav!) along with a sweet card. See the pic on the card? I'm the dog...he's the cat. Kinda perfect since I was biting his head off earlier.

So the night ended peacefully with me eating Air Heads (quantity unknown) in a bubble bath.

Smart man, that Dustoni.

BTW - Air Heads are not a good substitute for dinner. Despite eating a granola bar and sipping some OJ before my 5K this morning, I started cramping, got tunnel vision for a few seconds, and had to stop running and stretch my muscles until my vision returned. Needless to say, my time wasn't my best. I just maintained my previous 32:change time.

No comments: