Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. In addition to beginning to pack, job hunting, and constantly cleaning house just in case it shows (it hasn't), something weird was going on with blogger. So, you see, I have excuses.
I've ran my 2nd 5K since I last was on here. It was a race my school district put on to benefit the Rotary Kid's Kloset. They raised over $5,000! Like I've said, I am no runner, so you won't be impressed with my time, but I was impressed with myself. I just wanted to be my time from my first 5K, which was 33:54. This time I ran 32:18, which is a little over a 10 minute mile average! I so thought I was going to get it in under 31 minutes, but there was a hill that was for.e.ver long!! No joke. I did successfully run up the whole thing, but I had to walk a minute after I did...I was feeling a wee bit faint.
I've signed up for my next race. The Dino Dash, benefiting Little Rock's Discovery Museum, is next weekend and I'm running in it with my literacy specialist, Paula, who ran with me in this last one. I just want to get my time under 31 minutes this time. We shall see!
The hubs met me at the end of the race and took a few pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment