3.26.2011

Destin: The First Few Days

Well we just got back from our an awesome week-long Spring Break vacation to Destin! Despite being nervous that it wasn't going to be warm enough to go to the beach or swim and fear that we would be missing Arkansas' 80 degree weather, we could not have lucked out better on warm temps and NO rain! *happy dance!*

Besides our wedding and honeymoon, it was our first big trip as a married couple. If you keep up with the ole blog or me regularly, then you know we went with our good buddies Matt and Jessica. We left last Friday around 9pm and the boys drove through the night while us girls slept in the back. The ride went by pretty fast, let me tell ya! ;)

We hit the beach our very first day there, and the poor boys got BURNT! Dustin especially....He was blistered and swollen. I should've taken better care of him, but let's face it...I forget to put on sunblock myself. The only reason I didn't burn is because I had tanned. So, needless to say, the next day he did not want to see the sun, so we went ahead and hit up the outlet malls. Oh la la! We found some good deals at JCrew and Banana, Dustin got himself some new Maui Jims, and I treated myself to a little glittery Coach clutch. I also got Miss Mary Addilyn a couple of cute things of CrewCuts.
Love.that.store. Must.make.millions.soicanbuymyfuturekidsclothesthere.

I'll let ya enjoy a few pictures of our first few days now and bore you with the rest of our travels later this week....

Me and the hubsy at Crystal Beach.
This was right after Dustin finished splashing me with the freezing cold ocean water. Although, after a few beers and when you needed to pee real bad, it wasn't so freezing. Go figure.
Yessica and I
(she has been Yessica since one of our first times we ate together a mariachi band serenaded her with "Feliz Cumpleanos, Yessica!"
The boys weren't skeerrrddd.
Beautiful Crystal Beach
The husbands playing Baggo in front of the house

This was Matt and Yessica's one-year anniversary, so dropped the kids off to go eat on their own on this night.
My cute hubsy driving us to dinner at The Crab Trap. Ever had buffalo shrimp? Pretty good....


Notice the shirt. Our third day there and he was still burnt to a crisp. You can't really tell in this picture at all, but his legs were really burnt. Every part of his body that was showing the sun peeled. Even the inside of his ears.
Playing some Baggo on the beach.
Check back tomorrow for some more of our trip!

No comments: