What was suppose to be a dusting, has ended up being quite the downfall of snow in Benton today! In fact, school was cancelled for tomorrow before 3:00 today! Yippee!!!
Dustin and I had a pretty lazy day. We went to eat Wing Stop for lunch today, then went to Cold Stone for an ice cream treat (yep, we were the only crazies getting ice cream when it was 25 degrees outside). The snow wasn't forecasted to hit until after 3:00, but on our way home around 2:00, it started to come down pretty swiftly! We slipped a little on the curvy road to our house, but made it home safely.
I couldn't wait to show Duke the snow! It was his first time to see the fluffly, cold, white stuff, and although he was a little apprehensive at first (he kept slipping on the deck), he ended up loving it! In fact, he won't quit whining at the door to go back out!
Here we are when we first got home and the snow was just beginning to fall.
Dustin decided he wanted to eat chili dogs tonight, and although I had everything we needed to make the chili, he just HAD to go to Wal-Mart. His excuse? He didn't want to use the turkey meat I had. He wanted "real" meat. He just wanted to get out in this crazy weather. He's that person that gets out when you're not suppose to. Needless to say, it took him 2 hours to get there and back when it is a 5 minute drive.
Here's out pretty boy enjoying the snow.
I just love this picture.
He wouldn't quit licking the snow, hence, the snow on his nose.
After Daddy got home from his 2 hour trip to Wal-Mart, he took Duke out to play some more.
Yep...he's biting his rear!
I took these two photos back-to-back, and I love Dustin's face in each one.
I'm soooo looking forward to my snow day tomorrow. Dustin has his laptop at the house, so I'm hoping he works from home tomorrow and we can stay in our PJs all day. I'm not even taking a shower! That's right! I'm not embarrassed to admit it. You're jealous aren't you? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment