8.05.2010

Not Much Exciting Going on Here...Just Getting Ready for School



Howdy!
Sorry I haven't updated the blog in awhile. I've been at iCamp all week learning how to use and incorporate all of my new technology equipment. Twenty four hours of technology professional development in one week is a lot! We are only required to have 2 hours of technology. I think I've met my quota.

Other than going to PD, I've also been putting the final touches on my room and getting all of the "behind the scenes" stuff ready for school. I've ALMOST got my lesson plans and copying done for the first two weeks. I'm ready to go and it feels good!

I moved rooms this year, so I spent a lot of time and energy getting everything in its place this summer. Here are some pictures of the ALMOST final product. Most of this probably looks the same as my room has in past years, but there are some new things as well.

I painted this canvas to hang by my door. I love how it turned out and was pretty impressed with myself!
This was an old pink bucket that I picked up at the dollar store a few years ago. Pink didn't really go with my room since it is primary colors so I was going to throw it out. Only I hate being wasteful, so I decided to give it a quick spray paint, tie some ribbon I already had on it, and use a paint pen to write my name on it. It's now on my ELMO cart to hold my Mimio stylus, pens, and pencils in.
Conduct chart
Reading Corner

My desk area
Below is my small group intervention area along with computers and supply area.
For my teacher friends out there, this is something else new I did. Instead of buying letters. I printed off my own. I have a cute font CD and I just made the letters huge, like 800 pt font, printed them on cardstock, and laminated them. It's nice to be able to pick out exactly what font, size, and color you want!
Mailboxes and turn-in station
Below is the front of the room.
I put up a new word wall using 12x12 scrapbook paper. I should've got a closer shot of the paper on this. It looks plain from this far off.
View from when you walk in the door
I hope not everybody's summer went as fast as mine did. Since we didn't go anywhere this summer, I worked at school a lot. On the positive side, I'm more prepared than I've ever been and do not feel overwhelmed like I have in the past. On the negative side, I didn't go anywhere and pretty much worked a lot! I would've rather gone somewhere!
To my teacher buddies, good luck with your first day of school!!!

No comments: