Okay....I got my Pottery Barn and Willow House (the new Southern Living at Home) catalogs in today and now I'm so excited about fall and Christmas I could just burst pumpkins and glitter!
I get so stinking excited about decorating for Fall. It's not that I'm exceptionally talented at decorating, I just love it. I think it's because there has been such a lull and everything in my house has looked the same since Spring.
I'm going to try to not spend much money at all this year. I'm giving myself a $30 allowance to buy anything new I need to complete my list of fall decorating to-dos, and then of course pumpkins will just have to come out of grocery money. They will come from Wal-Mart, right? Alright then, we call that groceries.
:)
Here are some pictures that are inspiring me...

This picture if from Pottery Barn. I already have some thick, red candlesticks, so I'm thinking of putting those on my mantle with the small pumpkins and a thin candle on top, surrounding it with my stick pumpkins, real pumpkins gallore, and some fall garland I already have. I want to put lots of pumpkins on the floor by our fireplace too. Our TV is mounted above our mantle, so I can't do the mirror/wreath thing, but I do have an indoor fall wreath that I might could prop up on the mantle and it wouldn't cover the TV.

These beauties are from Pottery Barn too. My lanterns aren't this big, and they've weathered some, so I may have to invest in some new ones. I've seen some for a lot cheaper at Garden Ridge. I put them out last year by my wire pumpkins with lights and fall leaf garland and loved it.
They're from Willow House and are marvelous. All of our Christmas stuff is lime and red. and they would go perfectly. I bought the star stocking holders at a Southern Living party last year, so how perfect would that be?
I adore this table runner that matches the stockings too.
In addition to the decorating excitement that fall brings, there's also college football!
The Collyge family reunion falls on the first game day, but the game WILL be on somewhere I'm sure. The second weekend of football, we'll be in Dallas going to a Dave Matthews concert, so we won't make it to that game, but after that it's on! I can't wait to have people over, cook some game day food, put on a hog shirt, hear the band play, and call those hogs!
WOOOO PIGS!!!


1 comment:
Carly! When are you coming to Big D? I would love to see you and Dustin! Love keeping up with you Collyge kids on the blog :)
Post a Comment