It's been an ongoing debate between Dustin and I about whether to paint some of our rooms in the house or not. He argues, "Why paint a brand new house with fresh paint?" while I argue "Everything in the house is tan! It has no character!"
It was understood that if I decided to paint, I was doing so without his blessing. So I decided to start small. I found an awesome metallic paint called "shimmering bronze" that I wanted to paint in the guest bathroom. The metallic paint required a base coat. No biggie, just like a primer, right?
WRRROOONNNGGG.
As it turns out, it is very important that the base coat look even and perfect like a regular coat because the top coat, the metallic paint, is really just an opaque shimmer. So...2 base coats and 2 metallic coats later.....
You better think it looks good. I am VERY happy with the final product, but for awhile there I was scared the final product was disaster. The metallic top coat looked all wrong...a streaky, uneven mess. I had to tuck my tail between my legs, admit defeat, and I ask Dustin for help. He helped out without rubbing it in too much. I think he secretly wanted to take over the whole time because his OCD tendencies were dying to tell me I was doing it all wrong.
I know it's not a vibrant color, so it's not like I really added "color" to the house, but it does have character. LOTS! It shimmers even more in person.
I've always liked glittery, shimmering, shiny things!!! : )
1 comment:
HEY - LOVE THE BATHROOM. GIVE DUKE AND DUSTIN HUGS.
Post a Comment