Time flies when you're having fun...and this weekend flied by! My school Christmas party was Friday night and our good buddies couples shower was Saturday night in Hot Springs. I didn't get any pics at my school Christmas party, but do wish I had some pictures of hostess's house. It was a beautiful, massive home right on the water. Their backyard was the lake and they had steps leading right down into the water. It was gorgeous, but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.
Dustin and I both had our own handful of errands to run Saturday morning, then we decided since Matt and Jessica's shower was in Hot Springs to just go ahead and stay at the trailer at Ouachita. The shower was nice and since I'm one of Jessica's "new" friends, it was neat to meet the girls she grew up with. We headed downtown afterwards for a little after party and I slept in Sunday morning....which was sooo nice! It has been too long since I've done that!
The bride and groom to be
Me and my buddy...isn't she lovely?
And.....for my fellow readers out there...I finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins this morning. As are most of the books I read, the main characters in this book are younger, but I like to proofread a lot of books before they meet the hands of my innocent youngins. It was an action/adventure story, which I'm beginning to learn that I really like. It's somewhat futuristic as well, which I would not normally like, but the futuristic stuff doesn't overwhelm the storyline and isn't totally out there.
It's takes place after the United States has collapsed post-war and is replaced by a a country named Panem, which is separated into 12 districts and a capitol by wealth. "The Hunger Games" are a gladiator type reality show entertainment that Panem puts on and basically forces everyone in the country to watch. On "reaping day" a boy and a girl from each district's names are selected in a drawing to participate. Each district's participants are required to kill their opponents to survive. Katniss, the main character, is from one of the poorest districts. The odds are against her when she'll be facing kids from the Capitol who have been training for the Games their whole lives. But of coarse, there's a twist... a love story nonetheless. It was a really good read and yay for me!...It's a triology! I'll be starting the sequel Catching Fire tonight. Bubble bath here I come!
Hope ya'll had a great weekend! I'll leave you with a picture of our house all lit up thanks to the hubby. After going to look at some really big house's really big lights Friday night, we realize our is very 'widdle' as I like to say, but it's ours and we love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment