This time of year just comes and goes so quickly before I get over the "It doesn't seem like it's time for Christmas yet" feeling. Things get super busy with school, visiting family, Christmas shopping, decorating, yada, yada, yada...I'm already behind on the blog posting of everything that's been going on, so here are enough pictures to make your computer freeze.
After our Weatherford Thanksgiving in Missouri which I previously posted about, we headed to the Fort for our official Thanksgiving festivities. We started off at Corky and Debbie's, but it just didn't seem quite like Thanksgiving this year because we were missing some V.I.P.s....Amer, John, Morgan, and Baby Riedel on the way....they were at DisneyWorld. I guess we can forgive them.
Here are the Brasuell's with their new edition Miss Emilee Katherine. I had the pleasure of being her first person to throw up on. I feel very honored.
Next we headed over to Tenkiller to my parents' house. The girls helped mom decorate her tree. Mom and I had picked up lots of lakey themed stuff last year on sale and I love how it turned out. We used feathers on for the tree topper and it looked awesome. We still need some more though. What were we thinking? More is always better!
What a winter view!
I wanted to take a pic with Addi and when I tried to squat by her, she was telling and showing me how to stand. I had no idea she was cheesing it up so much down there...what a cutie! She's talking sooo much now. She is very excited about Christmas. She wants a "barbie in the water" and her Aunt Carly has already checked that off the list.
Riding with Daddy, Papa, and Uncle Dust on the mule...BRRR!
Columbia jacket (check), side swept bangs (check), poofed hair (check)...the girl is ready for Fayetteville.
Remember my school's float I posted about last year? Well....we won again! Our theme this year was "The HCE Express" inspired by "The Polar Express". Put a bunch of teachers together and you get a pretty creative float. I know it's not Macy's parade worthy, but believe me, it's pretty darn fancy for the Bryant Christmas Parade. Most floats are some stuff put out on a trailer or people riding in the back of trucks. We always get lots of "ohhs" and "ahhs" and people wanting to take their picture by our float. We're just that cool.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!! Well...it's been looking like Christmas in our house since November 8th, but we didn't decorate outside until this weekend...you know, so people wouldn't think we were crazy. Dustin hung up lights outside this weekend and I made a couple of wreaths with bows. I REALLY, REALLY want to do the big garland, mesh ribbon, huge ornament thing, but I just don't have the money to do it this year. I plan on doing some clearance shopping so I can next year though. We can't have it all in the first year, can we? At least that's what my husband keeps telling me.
1 comment:
Christmas decor looks great Carly!! Chris has been saying the same thing... he told me I need to "slow down" on the Christmas decor shopping... I quickly informed him that everything was from Hobby Lobby and it was all half off.... haha :)
Post a Comment