2.03.2009

Northbound




I've seen these white birds flying North over the river on my way home the past couple of weeks (I know, I know...I shouldn't take pictures while I'm driving.....blah, blah, blah....I'm a multi-tasker, what can I say?) Anyway, the pictures do not do justice to how beautiful of a scene this is when the sun is setting on the water. And there's not just a few of them, there are hundreds! And they were flying in a perfect, never-ending line of white flickering light. They were flying so close to the bridge and some were stopped and perched on the bridge. It's gorgeous and I know this is completely corny, but it just gave me this calming feeling. I could use that everyday after work.

P.S. I would NOT tell you that I saw these same white birds taking bird baths in a dirty pool of water when I passed the landfill today. That would take away from the beauty of this post. I would NOT want to ruin your peaceful feeling with that grotesque image.

No comments: