1.06.2009

Easy Resolution? Be. Thankful. Daily.

Dustin and I decided to make a pretty easy New Year's Resolution this year. We have REALLY been anxious to get a new house lately, almost to the point where we are angry at other's our age who have a house. SOO....in an attempt to be more positive, we came to the conclusion that we have a lot to be thankful for, and shouldn't be so negative.

I've been frequenting XM 156, aka Oprah and Friends, and they were talking about the importance of daily affirmations. A guest speaker/author recommended keeping a small, spiral notebook next to your bed and writing 5 quick things a night that you're thankful for, you know, the little things. Dustin and I started doing this in about the middle of December and we love it! It's a great way to end the day on a positive note, it makes you realize how good you have it, and eventually, I think we will enjoy looking back at the things we've written in past weeks. It only takes us 2 minutes, and it's done.

Here are some things Dustin's contributed:

Carly cooking meatballs and mac-n-cheese for dinner
Rudy laying at our feet
X-mas spending being over
Hogs beating #4 Oklahoma!


Here are some things I've contributed:

a productive day
clean sheets to sleep on
73 degrees on Jan. 3!
all 3 of us cuddling on the couch
meeting new friends...



Meet Harley, my friend Jessica's dog


Meet Gizmo, Dave & Emily's Old English Sheep Dog

1 comment:

Mary Kate said...

carly...i found your blog through sitemeter...i am so glad you have this...isn't it fun?? you need to talk amber into starting one of her own!! i hope all is well!!