12.31.2008

Marley & Rudy



Last night, I finished reading Marley, A Dog Like No Other. It's the middle-school-aged version of Marley and Me. I read this version because I bought the book for my classroom library and wanted to make sure it didn't have anything inappropriate in it. Other than the line of a little girl saying, "His thing's out!"...I think we're good. I brought a few of my classroom books home to read over break so I can talk to my kids about what their reading as a more informed teacher...you know, trying to do the right thing. Most of them I have to force my way through, but every once in awhile I thoroughly enjoy the book. With the movie coming out, I wanted to read the book first...even though being a dog lover, the movie still doesn't entice me too much. Also, my mom had read Marley and Me a year or two ago and told me how much she laughed and cried, but I was not prepared for this. Dustin would look at me like I was crazy every time I laughed out loud and looked at me like I was really nutzo when I had to put the book down, get out of bed, and go get kleenex. I think I did the ugly cry (not that my PMS'ing had anything to do with it).



Rudy...up to no good. If you know Dustin well, you know that one of his OCD tendencies is ironed shirts and animal hair. If he finds hair on his shirts, I get the look for leaving the closet door open. Well...as you can see, these shirts are NOT in the closet...so Rudy and I both decided they were fair game. : )



My classroom mouse, Snowball, has been home over the break. Rudy loves it every time Snowball gets to come home because he does exactly this for hours....just stares and thinks of what he would do if that glass partition was not separating him and his meaty prey. Snowball doesn't seem much to mind because he just does his normal thing.

No comments: