6.27.2008

My first blog post!




Well, you'd think it would be just another lazy day for me seeing that I have the summers off and all. And although I will admit that I've definitely had my "hit the snooze button 5 times days even though I promised I'd wake up early and get something done" days, I've actually been pretty busy this week! 

As most of you know, I FINALLY got a job! YAY! I will be teaching 4th grade again this year at the new green school in Bryant, Hurricane Creek. I got to take a sneak peak of my room this week (see the before picture below) and already started breaking some rules like every good teacher does! I've snuck into the building several times this week along with my new partner in crime, Ms. Hill, a 3rd grade teacher. She's a firecracker! I just follow her lead! Anywho, she was extremely kind to help me move in my 3 car loads of school treasures. And now, I kinda sorta feel like I might be ahead of the game. I love that feeling! :) 

My good friend, Hayley, a recent graduate of the M.A.T. program herself and future 3rd grade teacher (congrats!), will be coming to help me finish the daunting job of decorating my classroom, which only teachers can truly understand! I'll return the favor and maybe lend some limited expertise of my own to her and her classroom, which I have no doubt will be "SUPER CUTE!"

SO....I have become quite addicted to reading several blogs and for the longest time thought I wanted my own, but doubted that anyone would be interested in our boring lives (those of you who know us, know we don't get out much!). But then I decided I want to blog dammit! So read if you wish, don't if you don't. It won't burst my bubble! 


No comments: