6.27.2008

We moved to the rock!



Those of you who know us best, know that we didn't exactly feel at home in Dallas. While Dustin and I love that we got to "get out in the real world  on our own" our first year of marriage, we knew in our hearts that the big D was not permanent for the get go. Who can live with Texans permanently anyways? Ha! 

And while it definitely made us stronger as a couple to lean on each other this past year, we were super excited about the idea of moving home when Dustin was offered a job at Maverick Logistics back in April (yes, he left me, AGAIN! and I followed him, AGAIN!) I did cry as soon as he told me, but only because I knew it meant more time apart! Luke and Tiffany are probably rolling their eyes right now for whining about that, because they REALLY had it rough being apart there for awhile. Anywho, I quickly got over the crying and realized that this move meant we could finally truly feel at home...a feeling we've been looking for! 

We are both so excited to now be closer to friends and family and it didn't take us long to start taking advantage of it! We scheduled a dinner date with our niece, Morgan (to give her a belated birthday present!) and Dustin's sister, Amber and her husband John the first week after I moved in.  We've already met up with my awesome childhood friend, Christie Weiche, and her boyfriend Jeremy when they came to LR for the weekend, and we've already made a trip or two to Lake Ouachita, which is unbelievably close! Not to mention, I had a mini-reunion with a couple of talented M.A.T. interns I taught with. I LOVE being closer to home!

So much in fact, that I am going to get off of my new iMac (yes! you heard me right!) and finish packing to go to the Fort to see my Mom, Johnny, Luke, Tiffany, and that sweet Addi of mine (who better get closer to home pronto as well!). Check out the picture of our blank apartment below. I'll put the new, improved, decorated pictures up later. 

See ya when we see ya!

No comments: