9.20.2011

You know you teach first grade when...

1. ...you stay up way past your school night bedtime searching first grade teaching blogs for excellent ideas and cutesy anchor charts.

2. ...you dream of "snappy" words.

3. ...you bring the teacher talk home and tell your husband things like...

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!

I'll be ready to talk when you look ready to listen!

Now was that a good choice, or did you make a mistake?

Awww....shucks! or Whoopsie Daisy!

I like the way you're eyes and body are showing me that you're listening!

You're so cute! I just want to take you home and put you on my shelf!

4. ...everything in your life becomes color coded!

5. ...you can turn anything into a song or game.

6. ...you spend more time squatting, sitting "criss cross applesauce", or sitting in a tiny chairs than you do sitting in a normal sized chair.

7. ...you wear crowns or witch fingers, or use princess wands during your work day...just to read!

8. ...you repeat yourself a million times a day!

9. ...you're absolutely amazed at the amount of growth a child can make in a matter of two weeks!!!

I miss sleep...going to bed now! It's going to be another long day tomorrow...but I wouldn't trade it for the world! LOVE my job!

2 comments:

The Rippy's said...

AMEN!!! Or you hear about "boo-boos" and "I'm bleeding" because they picked something.... or you watch them sit and wiggle their tooth all day just to get it out.... oh first grade!

Steeling Time said...

You make me smile! Glad you're enjoying it!