I was going for the dramatic before and after effect, but I just couldn't get these pictures in order and didn't really take similar before and after shots...so...hopefully you still get the effect. The effect being, "Omigosh! Carly must've spent FOREVER in that room. It looks amazing!"
Here are some random afters...
{I know they don't traditionally come first. Sorry. Scroll up and down for effect.}
My desk area with math manipulatives in front of it.
Sink area outside of restrooms
Center Charts and Classroom Expectations
Nonfiction reading corner
I wish I had a before and after of this chair. It was oak wood with a blue back and legs. I spray painted it red and got this seat cushion at Pier One on clearance for $11!
Painted the non-brick walls green.
Painted the salmon colored cubbies and cabinets black.
{The paint alone made a huge difference. Thanks to Dustin, Nicole, Jerry, Debbie, and Corky for helping me paint!)
Did some serious rearranging and organizing.
Put polka dot decals and feather boa by sink area.
Created 3 bulletin boards.
Arranged classroom library into leveled fiction and nonfiction.
Made center charts for math and literacy.
Made A LOT of things!
Labeled A LOT of things!
I still have a lot to do! Like figure out what I'm doing in first grade?!?!
3 comments:
Carly it looks FABULOUS!! You did an awesome job! :) Those kids are going to love it!! Also, I'm loving the flat screen TV!! Maybe one day we'll get something bigger than the tiny box ones we have in our rooms. Everything looks great. I know it feels so good to have a room all set up and ready to go. Great job! You'll do great in 1st :)
Carly, You are a SUPER teacher! This room is amazing. It makes me wish I was in first grade in Mrs. Collyge's room. WOW!!!!
Sarah B.
Carly, you've done an amazing job...just as I knew you would!!
I kinow you are going to be the best first grade teacher there!!!
You are missed SO very much at HCE....by me especially!!! I liss your beautiful face and happy giggly laugh!!!
Enjoy your class this year!!
Post a Comment