What a refreshing weekend! Two full days on the boat (three for some...we'll get to that in another blog post...long story). It was so nice to spend the weekend completely relaxed and soaking up time with family. I loved every minute of it, and frankly, I'm kinda depressed about waking up tomorrow morning and thinking about school stuff I need to get done. Bummer. The good news is we have lots of fun stuff planned this week, including our four year anniversary! Four years ago today we were on a catamaran in Barbados going swimming with the sea turtles and having the time of our lives. Ahh...great memories!
Anywho..I could reminisce forever...back to this last weekend. My Uncle David, his wife Chris, my cousins Jake and Jack, and Jake's friend, Sam, all came to town from Missouri. We had a full boat, full coolers, and were definitely full of good grub each day.
some of the crew
Addi and her daddy
Me, Addi, and Luke
My parent's neighbors at the lake, have a son our age who plays in a band and they had a gig down at the Snake Creek condos, so we went down to hear them play a few songs on Friday night.
Tiff, Luke, and Dustin
Addi and her mommy getting their groove on
Nana and Addi watching some stray fireworks
My cousin, Jack, driving the boat
some of the crew, again
Dustin and my cousin, Jake
Addi taking a break on the boat
Addi and her crazy Aunt Carl
Our cute Mary Addilyn in her Fourth of July outfit - check out those shoes - HA! Love!
I'll have a post tomorrow and why mom and I didn't have our third day on the lake...with some more Fourth of July pics of our night here at Dustin's parents to follow.
I really hope everyone had a safe and happy fourth. As I get older, I get to be more and more of a chicken about things - like fireworks and boat safety. It really worries me when I see or hear about people being careless. Life is definitely too short and sweet to take for granted, and while it is meant to be lived to the fullest - it is meant to be lived! I hope everyone stayed safe out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment