The Bryant Christmas parade was Saturday morning. Our school always participates by building a float. Usually, it is the "Parade of Lights" and takes place at night, but this year it was in the morning...so no lights...no sparkle...no magic.
I didn't like it, can ya tell?
We took Duke-a-lukie with us. The woman who took this picture took a picture of Duke with her grandkids. It is amazing how many people want his picture as if he is some freak show. We should start charging. $5 for a picture with the dog horse! I guess he does look really big to other people, but to us, he's just normal. Other dogs look weird and dwarf like.
Duke and D
Duke didn't like the incessant sirens. He was rather perturbed by them.
There were two people in these little mini carriages with mini-horses. They were so cute! The lady rode over toward us and shouted, "Your dog is bigger than my horses! We should put the reins on him!"
Our school's principal, one of our secretaries, and one of our secretaries' sons leading the HCE float!
There's the #1 Stunner! HCE Float 2010
Our Grinch was better than Santa...no exaggeration here. The Santa was dingy and so not real looking. He wouldn't looked better at night, perhaps...another reason to go back to the night time parade.
Our Dr. Seuss theme...
Welcome to Whoville!
She's a beaut!
These old men were shouting to get Duke on the fire truck....guess they thought he was a huge Dalmatian.
The parade was short and sweet this year! A lot of people that usually participate didn't because of the change to daytime. We didn't have much competition this year at all, but I think our first place trophy was still well deserved! I didn't work on it near as much as I have in years past, so I can't take much credit at all...I only helped the Friday night before to put everything together. I'm more of a hard worker than creative worker anyways, so it worked out well!
After the parade, D and I went to lunch and then Christmas shopping. Saturday night, we went to Hot Springs for a date. We went to Garvin Gardens to look at their light display (over 1.8 million lights) and it was absolutely amazing! We'll definitely go back next year! After that, we went to Cajun Boilers, one of our favorite restaurants in Hot Springs, for some grub. We got some chocolate cake to go, came home to our puppy and kitty to cuddle on the couch and eat our cake...and we ended up falling asleep to a movie. It was the best day we've had in a long time, and the quality time along together was much needed. I got a little emotional (possibly from the PMS) at the end of the night. I was just so happy I got teary eyed. Just one of those moments that I felt so thankful and blessed for everything we have.
Hope everyone else had a great and restful weekend as well. Tis the season to be thankful! Remember your blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment