Dustin's mom, Debbie, and his sister Amber's family came to Mayflower last weekend to visit the pumpkin patch. I met them there since it was kind of in our neck of the woods to join in on the fun.
I say fun....doesn't a pumpkin patch make you think of fall leaves, hot chocolate, and a cool breeze? Yeah...umm....not so much on this day. It was SOOO hot that I literally got weak. I had on jeans and a flannel shirt, didn't have any water that morning like I normally do...I was miserable. Not the whole time....just towards the end when we were standing directly in the sun with no breeze or shade. It was SOOO dusty that you could feel the dirt in your teeth, I could literally see the dirt come off my body in the shower when I got home, and Dustin had to wash my car.
Next year we won't be going unless it's light jacket weather.
Here we are on the hayride (Me, Amber, Braelyn) going out to pick Morgan's pumpkin. We had just gotten there and it really wasn't bad at this point.
Here's Morgan trying to find the perfect pumpkin
The Riedels and their perfect pumpkin. This picture is perfect because Braelyn is doing what she always does...pulling Morgan's hair. The girl has a strong grip...let me tell ya!
Good looking pumpkin!
This is why you bring men to events like this....they pay for it and do the manual labor! :)
Miss Braelyn
The hayride that brings you out to pick your pumpkin off the vine
Morgan, Nana, Braelyn
Me, Amber, and Morgan
Morgan on her pony. This is towards the end and where I was about to die of a heat stroke!
I'm glad we went because I've been wanting to do this since we moved to Little Rock. I just hope it is October weather next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment