10.29.2010

Happy Howl-o-ween!

Duke got a special Howl-o-ween treat tonight! After Dustin and I went to eat in Little Rock, we stopped by the gourmet dog shop at the Chenal Promenade and got Duke some gourmet Halloween dog cookies. He gets one tonight...one tomorrow...and one on Halloween. He smelled it in my purse when we walked in the door. Here's our spoiled boy waiting for his first treat....


We decided that we're going to try to dress Duke up for Halloween tomorrow. Our neighborhood is having a Fall Festival and a "Trunk-or-Treat" hayride, so we thought our child should join in on the fun. Since Great Dane costumes are hard to come by and I didn't want to spend much money, I went to the internet for inspiration. Here's my two favorite...


The horse and jockey costume is my favorite. I mean...how freakin' cute! But I am not talented enough to create something like that, we don't have a little girl to dress up as a jockey, and its a little too late to plan something that grand. So....we're gonna save that idea for another year and go with the Chick-fil-A cow. I think Duke will make a much better cow. His spots are better! I'm going on a search for a cowbell in the morning, and I got a Chick-Fil-A fry box that I might fashion into a hat of some kind. We'll just have to see. This costume seems like minimal work and very cheap! Hope it turns out well! Check back in for pictures!

Happy Howl-o-Ween!!!!

No comments: