7.21.2010

My playdate with Addi


Two babysitting jobs in one week! Lots of practice for me! I love babysitting Addi when Luke and Tiff aren't around because she pays attention to me, reaches for me, talks non-stop to me....looovvveee it.

I had driven to Fayetteville Thursday to shop and stay with my friend Hayley. I woke up early Friday morning and drove to Ft. Smith for my playdate with Addi. Her mommy was in NOLA for a bachelorette weekend, and her daddy had professional development, so I got her all to myself! We met mom for lunch at the diner downtown, went to a few shops on Garrison, went to the park (what was I thinking in that heat?), and then went swimming and jumped on the trampoline at Corky and Debbie's.

Addi eating her Creative Kitchen chocolate chip cookie!


I couldn't believe she actually went swimming with me, because that was AFTER her daddy got home. The girl is attached to her daddy. I never thought she would leave with me, without him, but she did! She was so good for me all day! After swimming and jumping on the trampoline, Debbie and I were going to drop her back off at home on our way to Van Buren to see Drew and Emilee, but Addi whined about not wanting to go home to daddy and wanting to stay with her Aunt Carly, so of course I didn't mind keeping her awhile longer! : )

She played with Drew and Emilee and had a blast figuring out all of their toys. When we finally got her home at 9:45 that night, she was so tired and delirious, she actually said she didn't want to go home to her daddy. I should've gotten that on tape, because no one will ever believe she said that, including her!

Here is Miss Thang getting her jump on.

Next summer I hope to get to keep her for longer than a day! I may have to start a tradition where she and the other nieces and Drew come to stay with their Aunt Carly and Uncle Dustin at our house for a few days like I used to do with my family in KC when I was young. Just have to talk all the mommies and daddies into it! : )

4 comments:

Amber said...

You can totally have our kids! We are all for that! :)

Amber said...

You can totally have our kids! We are all for that! :)

Carly said...

Haha! They would be a blast to keep together, especially when Braelyn gets older! We need some girl power in this household!

Carly said...

Haha! They would be a blast to keep together, especially when Braelyn gets older! We need some girl power in this household!