4.26.2010

SO CAL

I have the privilege to work for such a great school district! They sent me to San Antonio last year, and this year, I got to go to San Diego, CA! And bonus....miss 3 days of school!
The NCTM (National Council for Teachers of Mathematics) Conference was held in San Diego this year, and my math specialist asked me to go with her (umm..let me check my calendar...OKAY!)

It was a group of 13 great ladies, 5 math specialists and 8 teachers, from the Bryant School District. We had a great time. Yes, we had classes during the day, but at 3:30, school was out! Here are some pics from my "work vacation".

This was the view from the convention center where the conference was held. Eating lunch on this balcony was not bad!
We stayed at the Hilton in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. We were right across the street from the convention center and within walking distance of some of the greatest restaurants. The ocean was less than a half mile from our hotel.

My roomie, Taylor, got a call from her neighbor (former guitar player for Evanescence, from AR) and he said he was playing at the House of Blues in San Diego and he thought she mentioned that she was going to be out there. We were! He got us free tickets to his show. Evanescence broke up after they made it on National radio (apparently the lead singer went a little crazy) and the three guys in the band joined forces with Carly Smithson from American Idol to form this new band, "We Are the Fallen". They sound a lot like Evanescence with the female singer and all. It was a great show! Here's Gail, Me, our hometown rocker and my roomie, Taylor.
We went to La Jolla after class one day to walk around and eat dinner. Here are the seals on the beach. There were so many and they were so darn cute! This one was nursing. Awww!
Sleeping seals
The water was COLD!
Renee, Me, Lindsey, Nikki, and Courtney
Pretty La Jolla

Eating dinner on the rooftop of George's at La Jolla Beach
I could get use to this!
I had such a good time, but it is always great to get home! I missed my 3 boys so much while I was gone! I swear, Duke grew so much in 4 days!

Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

No comments: