4.05.2010

Easter 2010

We celebrated Easter on Saturday with Dustin's family at Amber and John's house in Danville. We all brought something simple to eat and just played outside! Despite the rain the night before, it was a beautiful day!

Emilee checking out her Easter basket from Nana
Miss Braelyn slept through most of Easter, but came to hang out with the big kids outside for awhile!
And they're off!
a dollar egg!
Miss Thang
Silly cousins!
Morgan and Drew decided to play a little ball outside with Uncle Dust and Uncle Jerry. Morgan just started T-ball with her Mommy as her coach!

On Easter Sunday, Dustin and I didn't do much at all. It was our first weekend at home in 2 months, and we sat on out butts and watched Entourage, New Moon, and Law Abiding Citizen! It wasn't planned that way. In fact, we had a long to-do list of things we wanted to get done around the house. But after getting up early Saturday morning to weed and feed the yard, Dustin's allergies started getting the best of him Saturday night.

And, I got a little dose of mommy medicine Saturday night, which made me quite the couch potato Sunday. Duke had an upset tummy Saturday night. When we went to bed, he cried in his crate for an hour, which is pretty unusual, but we had fallen asleep on the couch and then went to bed at 1am, so I just figured it was because we were off of our routine. I was really frustrated and delirious by 2am, so I cursed as I got out of bed, thinking he better have to really use the restroom and not be playing the sympathy card on me.

He wasn't playing the sympathy card. He flagellated all the way to the backdoor, all the way back to the fence (his dump area), and then....he exploded. I.felt.awful. He just looked at me with these blood shot eyes like I had just tortured him for an hour. I couldn't put him back in his kennel after that, so I slept with him on the couch. If you can call sleeping by the hour and getting up to let him go explode again sleeping. Ewww...poor baby. Now I know what it is like to have a sick baby boy! Two in fact! I was giving Dustin medicine and heating up washcloths for him to open his nasal cavity so he wouldn't snore so loudly!

It's hard being a mama...Am I sure I want to be one? One night kicked my butt.

No comments: