12.29.2009

Christmas with the Collyges

The unpacking is finished, the house back in order, and the decorations are back in their tubs (9 tubs and a Christmas tree box to be exact). I'll be swiffering glitter until next Christmas I'm sure...I can't believe it's all over! It comes and goes quicker every year. Here's a recap of our holiday.

I headed to Fayetteville on Wednesday to have Christmas with my buddy Hayley. We always exchange gifts and do some after Christmas shopping...which normally gets ugly. This year though, we met before Christmas so my wallet was saved. We didn't get a picture : ( but we had a great time as always. 

We spent Christmas morning with Dustin's family. Corky and Debbie went all out with the snacky lunch, my favorite Christmas meal. There were dips, chili, stuffed mushrooms, cheeseballs, and shrimp gallore...plus my favorite peanut butter balls. We ate ourselves sick. Here are some pics from Christmas morning. Isn't that a great pic of the tree?

Emilee, Morgan, Drew
Me and the best baby ever...I told everyone if they wanted to hold her they would have to pry her from my cold, lifeless fingers.
MoMo and her new baby doll
Dustin's gift from Amber and John
Dustin always get the best hog stuff

Early Christmas evening, we headed to the lake to have Christmas with mom and Johnny. As yall know, we had a beautiful white Christmas, so we tried to head out before it got too dark and everything refroze. We made it to the bottom of Snake Creek, but had to be picked up on the mule because the mountain was in no shape to be driving on. It was a bitterly cold ride on the mule, even with me hiding under 3 blankets...and Rudy, who travels really well in cars, was pretty flipped out by the loud ride up the hill.

Mom and Johnny got a Wii for Christmas, so we played for hours on Saturday. It was one of those weird days where time doesn't exist and you feel like you just woke up when it's time to go back to bed. Dustin was a Wii pro showing all of us up. BTW, who know bowling was a work out? My arms, abs, and behind were pretty sore the next day!
I won the best Addi gift prize for the "barbie in the water" as Addi calls it. I kind of planted this seed back at Thanksgiving and she didn't let go of the idea, so I just had to find a "barbie in the water".
Addi wanted to play in the "snowmans" 
Me and Addicakes
What idiots want to drive without a windshield in this weather? Us!

Before we headed back Sunday, we got to at least see some of my Fort friends when we went to eat at Rolando's. We missed the annual seniorita Christmas because it fell the same night we were doing Christmas at mom's. The good news is Christie's bachelorette party is coming up in February, so I should get to see the girls then. Yea!

Thank you to our family for all of the wonderful Christmas gifts! Thank you friends and family for sending Christmas cards our way. I love getting Christmas cards and always enjoy seeing everyone's pictures!  I hope you had a very merry holiday!

No comments: