Today was a big day for the Collyge kids. We made our first offer on what we hope to be our first house. Dustin's parents, Amber, John, and Morgan came in last weekend to play House Hunters with us. We showed them 3 houses, and they gave a 10 to the one we made an offer on today.
Today, Corky (Dustin's dad) and my mom and Johnny came up down to Little Rock for moral support while we tried to decide our offer. Mom and Johnny hadn't seen the house yet, so they were excited. We absolutely l.o.v.e. it! It has just been finished being built and is perfect for our "future family". It's a bit further of a drive for Dustin, but the drive is beautiful. It's a couple of miles off I-30 in Benton, down HWY 5, which is a curvy road full of pine trees and well kept older subdivisions.
I knew it was the house from the moment I saw it, but since Dustin is so anal thorough, it took him awhile to warm up to the idea. Luckily, because I can get a little impulsive easily excited. No, really, he has been working and worrying his little hinney off with this house stuff. He's seen 3 three different banks, has had to find a realtor, fire a realtor, find a new realtor, call the insurance company, and if you know his little OCD self, he's been crunching numbers nightly. Although, his insanities hard work has really impressed me, and I'm lucky to have him!
Here are some photos of the house! We hope you like it as much as we do!
Entryway
1 comment:
D & C,
Your dad FINALLY shared your blog address with me, and now I see why! Congrats on this big step. The house is adorable and so are you....great job on the blog, Carly. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with the transaction, so keep me posted. Much love from Desert California. CeCe & Curt
Post a Comment