2.08.2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

After a shotmethisdaycouldn'tgetanyworse Friday, I was ready to get the heck outta school. So, we made plans to meet Kevin and some other people at Flyin' Burrito downtown...super yummy as always! Being the old fogies we are, we came home and crashed after dinner. (I wouldn't have it any other way.)

We slept in on Saturday (which in college days would mean noon, but now means 8:30-geez how things have changed), ran some errands, then went to Bryant to continue the house hunt. We really like the house we posted about before, but obviously want to look around more since our lease isn't up until the end of April. Since Dustin doesn't know Bryant as well as I do, I took him around town, showing him some back roads and we went to a local BBQ-Catfish diner called Jordan's. De-licious!

Saturday night, we headed to Matt and Jessica's wedding shower out in Beebe. Dustin works with Matt, and we've gone out with him and his fiance a couple of times. They are really sweet and too cute together. It was mostly a work related shower, so I got to mingle with the co-workers I met at the Christmas party a little more. I also finally got to meet Mr. Maverick himself, Kevin's dad, Steve. As I had heard, he was an extremely nice guy and super easy to talk to. I'm so glad Dustin has found not only a job he enjoys and an industry he is passionate about, but I'm really grateful it's with such a family friendly company. Here are a couple of pictures of the happy couple and their guests. Hope you had a great weekend!!

Multi-tasker on his way to the shower.
Opening their gift from us.
The whole gang

No comments: