12.29.2008

Four Christmases!

Just like the movie, we did have four Christmases...only I didn't get projectile vomited on like Reese Witherspoon, thankfully! We had a great time visiting our family and friends over the holiday. I went to Fort Smith earlier than Dustin since I was on break from school. I took advantage of the time off by visiting one of my best friends, Hayley, in Fayetteville. I did some damage shopping and we exchanged Christmas gifts. She got me a cute little halter top and cropped jacket to go with it. Thanks, Hayley! I love it! While we were out and about, we stopped by Signed, Sealed, & Delivered in Rogers and I got exactly what I wanted! Red and bright green ornaments and tree decorations for next year on clearance 75% OFF!! I got A LOT for my money and it is all super cute!

We had our traditional Christmas Eve at my mom and Johnny's, but it was definitely a different Christmas in both disappointing and happy ways. Johnny was in a lot of pain with his recent surgery for his carpal tunnel. Luke and Tiffany didn't stay the night at the house since they live in town now and have Addi to do Christmas morning with. Also, it is our last Christmas in Mom and Johnny's house. However, we had Whitney with us this Christmas, which was a blessing, and we got to see Addi open presents at her own house on Christmas morning.

We also had our traditional Christmas day festivities at Corky and Debbie's. Corky and Debbie, as always, didn't disappoint with their baking skills. I even got to bring home some of my favorite peanut butter balls! YUM! I got a few surprises from Dustin's parents (which normally doesn't happen because we shop for our Christmas stuff at the OKC craft fair every October) which will look great in our new house, which we will hopefully have by this summer. Dustin had an awesome Christmas and made our with an iPod, XM radio, polos, and his usual Razorback collectibles. He was very excited!

Last, but not least, we attended the annual Seniorita Christmas party, which for those of you who don't know, started as a margarita/mexican-food themed Christmas party when we were "Senior Chicks" at Northside. Traditionally, we have exchanged margarita glasses dirty-santa style, but as we've gotten older, it's just turned into a "Senior and Seniorita" party where we bring our boyfriends and husbands and catch up. Almost all of my friends live somewhere outside of AR, so it's great to get everyone together every holiday. We've all known each other so long, that we automatically pick up right where we left off! I love these girls with all of my heart and they are like family to me. They're simply irreplaceable!

Ballman Elementary girls (minus Jane Anne, don't know where she went off to or how we forgot her) who have stuck together to this day!


Morgan and her new bear backpack from Aunt Susan
Drew and his new guitar from Nana
Us and the sign Amber got for our hopefully new soon house
Drew and Morgan in their Doctor and Nurse outfits Mimi and Papa got them


Addi with her new Pottery Barn vacuum
My god-daughter and me!


Addi and I on Christmas morning at Luke and Tiffany's
Addi in her new kitchen Santa left for her!
The boys putting together the kitchen "Santa left for them to put together" on Christmas Eve at 1 o'clock in the morning!



Addi loved the baby her Aunt Carly got her for Xmas! : )


Us, Jessica, and Matt at my school Christmas party


Hayley and I in NWAR after a day of shopping. ALL of those bags are mine, even the ones Hayley is carrying! In fact, I realized when I got back in town that Signed, Sealed, Delivered in Rogers forgot to give me one of my bags! Shopping is always dangerous with Hayley...but a great time is always had!!

No comments: