7.22.2008

Parenting Practice!






Over the past couple of weeks, I've had the pleasure of babysitting my two favorite nieces. Here are some pictures of our adventures.

Morgan spent the day with me last week when Amber and John came to Little Rock for a doctor visit. She has gotten to be such a big girl! And, very mature. The word "yes" in her vocabulary has been replaced with "sure!" That was her answer to every question and it made me laugh every time! We spent the day doing what we love best...shopping! And she was no trouble at all because she has been trained well by her Nana over the past couple of years! 

I got to babysit Addi for two days in Fort Smith while Luke and Tiff went back to Louisiana to get their things moved. This was my first 24 hour babysitting job and I now have a new appreciation for stay-at-home moms! She was such a sweetheart and was sooo good, but round-the-clock babysitting wore me out! Even with my mom home at night! I did feel like a real mom, though, and I LOVED it! My favorite moment was when she started reaching for me for the first time. Even in the little time we spent together, I think she really started to get to know and trust me. She would whimper when I put her down and come sit on my lap when she got tired. AWW* That made my heart melt! 

Now I just need to babysit Drew for a day this summer! EEK! He has A LOT of energy! I might wait until next summer...

No comments: