I got kinda bored at the beginning of the summer and it really left me wanting a dog. Dustin and I talk about getting a dog a lot, but we know that we are out of town a lot and live in a small space. However, I got a little ansi one day and decided I was going to go to the Humane Society. Well...that has turned into a new love. I brought home Glenda (who was severely abused), really hoping to keep her if I could get Dustin to agree, but had to fill out "foster parent" paperwork to test her out for a night. Well....it turns out she likes Rudy a little too much. Glenda wanted to sniff and rough house with Rudy, and he wanted no part of it! Plus, it turns out Glenda is too large to fit in our lease!
However, that night of fostering her has changed me for the better. I signed up for the next volunteer meeting at the Humane Society and have gotten into walking dogs and petting cats at the shelter. That's really all they need if you can't give them a home, just some lovin'! And we all know I'm really good at lovin' on animals.
Please, Please, Please! If you are thinking you want a new pet, adopt an animal from the shelter instead of buying one. There of plenty of great pets at the shelter who are in need of your love. If you can't adopt, I found that they accept not only monetary donations, but blankets, leashes, bowls...whatever you can give that they could use! I made a donation in Glenda's name and let her keep the red blanket she slept on at the house...and it felt really good! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment